Tuesday, February 10, 2015

lol pos h/o brb

Today I found an AIM conversation saved and buried in my email.  excerpt:

Celestial Juliet (9:31:57 PM): You might understand this one quite well.
Celestial Juliet (9:32:07 PM):The shadows around me 
are no longer sleeping
they dance and they speak of
the secret they're keeping
joshthetitan929 (9:33:50 PM): you've basically dug into my heart and and grasped my life and exposed it to all(ok us)
joshthetitan929 (9:35:52 PM): with your permission, i'll add it to my myspace

I am so grateful for the find.  So much learning about myself.  

what did I learn?

i've danced from poet to poet.
    i consumed them, each one.
        "you are what you eat"
             it's a lie.
you taste what you eat,
    you feel what you eat,
        you grow from what you eat,
but you don't become what you eat;
    it becomes you.
i've danced from poet to poet.  
    i count four in all.  
        each broke open the world a little farther
            by breaking me a little more
                without even trying.
                    and i'm grateful.
because what they broke wasn't me.  
    they broke an image,
        a facade.
            and left behind something a little realer.
                freer.
                    better.
i've danced from poet to poet.  
    feeling where they felt and
        reaching where they reached,
and, once broken, 
    i reached a little straighter
        in the direction
            that my hands were made
                to reach, 
                    without inhibition.  

I have danced from poet to poet, and each of them has given me freedom.  

the scary thing is, freedom looks so different from what i want
    for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment