Saturday, January 17, 2015

Splise!

Surprise:  I'm back.

No, I've not left the novitiate.
No, I've not broken any rules.
No, I'm not lying.

I'm in Northeastern Pennsylvania for a month, working at a school called King's College. This is part of a program of the novitiate called the Winter Placement. 

Here's what happens.  The provincial designates the college as a "second novitiate" so everything is canonically kosher.  I get on a plane and fly to a place.  I work at that place for a month, applying the lessons from my novitiate to apostolic ministry.  I will then return to the novitiate for the second half of the year to learn from this experience.

This is the hinge of the year.  I am literally inside of a hinge. 

SQUEEEEEEAK

Why am I back here?  
Well, firstly, because blogging is allowed at Winter Placement.  Secondly, because blogging is a recollective experience for me and recollection is essential for the Winter Placement.  Thirdly, because I feel like it.

So hello again, internets.

No comments:

Post a Comment